Nagpur Violence – ‘Will compensate for damage with rioters’
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday addressed a press conference to give information about the action taken so far in the Nagpur violence case. He said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s scheduled Nagpur visit will not be affected due to recent violence. CM said that the rioters are being identified through CCTV footage and so far 109 rioters have been caught. Of these, 18 are minors, a case has been registered under the respective sections.
Chief Minister Fadnavis said that people who have posted riots on social media are also being taken on charges of inciting riots. Also, podcasts that incite riots are also being investigated. Devendra Fadnavis said that people whose properties have been damaged in violence and arson will be compensated in the coming three to four days. He said that soon the removal of the ban from the Internet is being considered.
Also read: Nagpur riots: Treason case on Faheem Khan, investigation of Bangladesh connection continues
Will make up for damage from rioters: CM Fadnavis
Maharashtra CM said that the damage done during the violence will be recovered from the rioters. If they do not fill the money, then their assets will be confiscated and they will be compensated for the loss by selling them. The government will help those whose vehicles have been damaged. He said that in the next seven days we are planning to provide financial help to such people. Devendra Fadnavis said that strict action will be taken against those who attack the police. He said that women policemen were also thrown stones by rioters. However, he described the news of molestation as false. The Chief Minister said, ‘It is wrong to say that the violence in Nagpur was intelligence failure. There is no political aspect in this. It is too early to say that there is no foreign or Bangladeshi angle in Nagpur violence. We are also investigating this too.
Also read: Where the violence in Nagpur is there, how is the atmosphere now, what is the preparation about the jumme? See
Violence erupted over the rumor of burning sheets written verses
Let me tell you that on March 17, a rumor was spread that a sheet of holy verses was burnt during the protests led by the VHP to demand the removal of Aurangzeb. Due to this rumor, there were incidents of stone pelting and arson in many parts of Nagpur. During the violence in Nagpur, 33 policemen, including three DCP level officers, were injured. A court in Nagpur has sent 17 accused in the case to police custody till 22 March. The police have registered a case against Faheem Khan and five others, the main accused in the violence, for sedition and spreading misinformation on social media.
Also read: Bangladeshi connection in Nagpur violence, social media made weapons
On March 18, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis assured the state assembly that no person involved in the violence would be spared. He also said that the film ‘Chhava’, based on the life of Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj, depicts real history, which led to the feelings of the people. Devendra Fadnavis, citing the call being made by various organizations to remove the tomb of the Mughal emperor from Khhatabad in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar, said that people are showing their anger towards Aurangzeb.
(Tagstotranslate) Nagpur Violence (T) Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis (T) Aurangzeb Grave (T) Sambhaji Nagar (T) Maharashtra Aurangzeb Issue (T) Chhaava Film (T) Nagpur Agandra Fadnavis (T) Aurangzeb tomb